About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Sunday 15 January 2012

Sunday Jaunt...

Had a mostly successful time with needle and thread last night and finished just about all of the stitchery part of another block of "My Garden".  I ran out of  brown with just a teeny weeny bit left to stitch.  Problem is I can't remember what colour it is....OOPS!
Can you spot the bit that I need to finish?


Well we sat at home all day yesterday so I really had to take mum out for a Sunday Jaunt. We started out at Petrie Markets as it was a cool day, infact it was threatening to rain but fortunately we missed it while we were out. If you don't know Petrie Markets, it is located at a Heritage Village Park, North of Brisbane and there are a couple of gift shops that I just love.


Here are a few items I just couldn't live without.


A birdcage to start my collection (an idea I have had for a while), a preloved doily, the lavender runner is for my dresser and a brass hook for another collection I have had in mind since we were in Paris last year.  I will have to show a close up of the circular mat, it is incredible.  I am going to try and figure it out so I can reproduce some more.

Then we zoomed off to Redcliffe for lunch at the RSL and a chance for mum to try her luck on the pokkies. Miss M and I left her to it and went for an after lunch walk along the sea front.

All in all, we had a nice day out!

Till next Time,

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a gorgeous day, where was it you went, the timber houses look soo cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue,
      Petrie Village Markets are on the North side of Brisbane. There are some permanent shops there set up in old queenslander houses and then the casual markets set up under marquees. It was a lovely day!

      Delete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...