About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Saturday 9 March 2013

Saturday is Prep Day

During the week, I finished off block 4 of Bric a Brac so decided that it was definitely time for a Prep Day.



 I have a backlog of bric-a-brac blocks and Tail Feather blocks so needed to get them all traced and ready to stitch.

Here they are all lined up on my cutting table and ready for me to get at 'em.

Block 2 of Tail Feather, ready to stitch

Block 8b of Edwardian House


and block 5 of Bric-a-brac.


 

12 comments:

  1. Wow, you will be busy stitching. I love the tail feather blocks they would have to be one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow very nice patterns Cath,enjoy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to get a few prepped and ready to stitch , may I ask what do you use for tracing ? Your stitching is lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been really busy haven't you? All beautiful of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore your stitcheries. I tried it once, but I'd better stick to patchworking and quilting.... My hand-stitch-skills are not good, to put it mildly...
    Just read on Debbie's blog it's a difficult day for you, but creating beautiful things while remembering happy days with your dad hopefully soothes your pain a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all beautiful projects to be working on. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its good to get a lot of things ready to go - then you can relax and sew a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you get the bric a brac pattern? I love embroidery and your projects all look life fun. I must get some projects ready soon so that I can stitch on lunch breaks and when I am sitting and waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cath,
    You certainly have lots of things on the go there.
    I just adore the tail feathers design, pretty cute
    I reckon. Enjoy yourself with all that great stitching.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prep work can be the worst part, now you're all ready to enjoy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Tail Feathers project is just soooooo charming. I was looking at the photography of your sketchings and those are beautiful in and of themselves! Will enjoy checking in to see what happens with them from here.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...