About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Monday 3 February 2014

January Fat Quarter Swap

Sneaking in one last blog post before I catch my plane.

Hoping not to get behind on my obligations this year, I got in early with the fat quarter swap and got them all in the post on the first friday of the month.

 This month it was swappers choice and this is what I sent to Sharon of Motherdragon's Musings. A couple of Sharon likes are purples and cats.....I hope she likes these that I picked out for her. (update....yes, she did!)
Three birthdays this month
To Maryanne who likes purple and dark green to go with purple

To Diana who is collecting red and white fabrics - I adore that scissors fabric!
To Lisa who likes geometric patterns
I had to shop around a bit this month to find something that I was happy to send to these girls and I hope they like the choices I made.

And this is what arrived from Sharon.......aww Sharon, this parcel made my heart sing. Thank you so much.



 

11 comments:

  1. Hi Cath, I loved the fabric you sent for my birthday!! Thanks for the star buttons and thread too!!
    I had so much fun opening my presents!!!

    Maryanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fabrics and thread combinations Cath .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices Cath. Enjoy your holiday. Hugs.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cath, I'm just catching up with life and posts as the beginning of a snowstorm descends. =) Wanted to say welcome to Chickens & Fine China, and now I'm over at your blog and enjoying myself! I sew, but the part that really holds excitement is the planning and layout and dreaming about the fabrics. Oh, I'm so quickly bored with the sewing part, so I'll have to stick around and be inspired by you. =) Best, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Cath - My first comment was deleted into thin air, so I'm trying again. Glad to meet you, and I'm enjoying dropping by! I do sew, but what excites me is the planning and layout, dreaming of all types of fabrics and notions. But oh, I get so bored with the actual sewing part...so I will have to stick around and hope you can inspire me on! Best, Nancy =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely fabric combos. I'm sure the recipients will love them. Britain has had the rainiest winter for hundreds of years this winter so I hope you take an umbrella and avoid all the flooding! I live on a hill so we have avoided the floods :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cath,
    Looks like some very interesting projects in
    the making here. Love the fabrics, colours and
    of course....the buttons. Have fun.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cath! Stopping by from Jan from Sew and Sow Farm's blog. Enjoyed visiting your blog (love your blue/green table topper)! I'm now a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm visiting your blog because Sew and Sow Farm Blog suggested I go visit some of her friends pages. I didn't really know how to do that, so I followed a link that someone else posted that they followed. I'm glad that I did. You have a very nice blog. I will be clicking the follow you button! :) By the way, if you didn't know it, she is having an Aurifil thread giveaway ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...