About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Saturday 5 July 2014

FNWF - Got there in the end!

I really wanted to spend the DAY stitching.....you already know where I am going with this....it is a recurrent problem......darn hormones! I was not the only one under the weather.  Lila, my sweet puppy girl wasn't feeling herself either, much more subdued than normal and she has spent the whole day in her bed. She is still eating and isn't vomiting or got any bowel motion issues (I think I put that quite delicately, don't you?) but I am keeping an eye on her anyway. As for myself I have spent most of the day moping around while nursing a headache, residue from a migraine I had on Wednesday night, but when it got close to 3pm, I decided it was time for us both to get some fresh air so we all headed off for a, shorter than usual, walk. And would you know, it worked......headache gone!


On returning I was sure I could squeeze some block preparation in before needing to feed those at home on a Friday night and then I would start making some more blocks for the exploding block quilt that is on my design wall at the moment.


Looking at it there, it seems to be mostly pink and orange, so I will add the yellow and I also hope some green will balance it out a bit more.  I picked a green fabric from my stash that isn't part of the FQ range selected for this project but I think it will work.



I had to stop for teatime......you gotta feed them when they are hungry.....and then got around to sewing some more. I am so glad I got there in the end and stitched with everyone else.


The quilt has grown but it is too dark to photograph my design wall now so I will snap a shot tomorrow before blogging this post.


So here it is.  I am not sure I like the colours butted straight up together like that so I am going to add another round. Here is one I made earlier with an extra round. What do you think?


Now for my favourite bit.....heading off to see what everyone else got up to. Click on the button to take you to Cheryll's place at Gone Stitchin'

http://stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/fnwf.html


23 comments:

  1. Lovely project you are working on. Glad to hear you feel better. Hope Lila is better too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blocks are lovely... I think I like it with the extra round too... hope you and Lila both feel much better for the weekend...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - your bright blocks are just lovely. This will make a stunning quilt. Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for rallying. Glad you gave that headache the flick. Poor Lila hope she bucks up soon. Great work on your blocks x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty blocks, hope your head is feeling much better now I know how draining a migraine can be so a mammoth effort on your part to accomplish as much as you did :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those blocks are amazing and the green fabric certainly give the whole quilt a lift. Glad you are feeling better after your migraine and hope your little pup is doing well also.
    HUGS. Roz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks look beautiful, great choice of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bright and cheerful colors you used, Cath !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your fabric colors... it will look lovely when finished.
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks and top are beautiful. Glad you got rid of that headache. hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you got better- hopefully the dog did too.
    I love colours - esp the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  12. (I meant I love THE colours - I guess you figured that one!!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great blocks Cath , glad the walk helped ease your headache so you were able to take part in FNWF.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Georgeous blocks and fabrics, good to hear you are feeling better !

    ReplyDelete
  15. La elección de colores es hermosa! Sil

    ReplyDelete
  16. nothing like a nice walk and some fresh air to clear the head.
    your blocks look great, so nice and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blocks are looking fabulous...very bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your bright blocks, hope the headache is well and truly gone and your walking partner is feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Cathy i hope you and your lovely puppy are feeling better and love your gorgeous blocks.xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. The blocks look bright and cheerful hanging there together.
    It will be a very happy quilt whichever way you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad that walk cleared away the remnants of your migraine. Hope puppy is feeling much better soon too. Your blocks are looking great. Love that gorgeous green fabric. Your design wall is looking really bright and cheerful...... xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your blocks look great! And isn't it magic to play with the fabrics and colors and find just the way it should be? sometimes I feel like I have one plan, but the fabrics have their own :) Now I have been to Edinburgh too, and I was at Clarinda's Tea Room, thanks to you :) What a cute little place. There are pictures on my blog if you want to see.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...