With the Flowerville stitching complete and only one block left on A Country Tea Party, it was time to turn my thoughts to what will follow. Oh my, the choices! Last week I showed you one BOM kit that I decided to start and I prepped block one for that. It is called Marmalade by Sue Daley. I am doing all the applique bit with needleturn.
I bought this kit for my birthday a couple of years ago and then I remembered one I had bought for my birthday a year earlier....maybe it was time to get started on that too! So I prepped block one for Spring Bouquet. One thing I love about this kit is that all the shapes are pre-cut so it is just a case of placing them on the background, ironing down.....and then.....sew! I am doing this one in blanketstitch by hand.
I also prepped another month's worth of blocks for Brookfield by Leonie Bateman. Leonie is hosting a Mid Winter Gathering...stitching day this month which I really want to attend.....CLICK HERE to find out more.
And on top of that, I received a parcel in the mail......I always said I would never get on the Sashiko bandwagon....it never appealed...until......I saw this!
I saw it on Pinterest and just fell in love so ordered it directly from Sylvia Pippen Designs in the US. It is called Sashiko & Butterflies. It was a very reasonable price for the kit considering the USD/AUD currency rate at the moment.
So as you can see, it may be Weather for Ducks outdoors but indoors it is Weather for Stitching!
How are you coping with the weather where you live.....is it sunny, windy, raining??
What do you have to share for this week?
- Link will be open until this coming Sunday.
- Link anything that you are working on this week or over the past week....needle and thread is all it takes.
- Please add a link back to Bits 'n Bobs as part of your post (why not get the button code from the side bar to paste into your post). This will help your readers finding the Link Up if they want to participate as well.
- Please make the effort to visit other link users and leave them a comment. Leaving me a comment after linking up will help me know that you have been by and linked up.
- Other Link Parties are more than welcome to link up too! Please NO Sales, Endorsement or Promotional Posts....they will be deleted.
Also linking with: